Dr. G.Sengottuvelu is a Senior Consultant & Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai. He is an accomplished leader in complex PCI & stenting, and structural heart interventions including percutaneous heart valve replacement & repair (TAVI / TAVR, mitral clip etc.). He also offers consulting at Dr G.S. Heart Clinic in T.Nagar, Chennai.
He graduated from the prestigious Madras Medical College, followed by Internal Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, and then did his post-graduation in Cardiology at Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai. He then undertook fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at the prestigious Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud (ICPS) in France with world renowned Dr Marie Claude Morice.
Dr. G.Sengottuvelu has a very good academic track record with publications in highly reputed peer reviewed journals like Eurointervention, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Indian Heart Journal, Heart, Lung and Circulation – Journal, Asia Intervention, Cath Lab Digest, International Journal of Cardiology etc. He has authored chapters in several text books and over 300 abstracts and case studies in several conferences around the world. His scientific reputation is rated high among his peers in the Asia pacific region.
He is recognized for his pioneering work in complex coronary stenting and structural heart valve interventions and has performed over 15,000 procedures in the Cathlab. He is a highly accomplished interventional cardiologist and a key opinion leader in India on complex stenting and valve interventions. He initiated the transcatheter valve program in Apollo Group of Hospitals & performed the first transcatheter valve replacement in 2015.
Presently, he is one of the highly experienced operators in India with experience in many types of different valves.He is presently in the programme committee of the Euro PCR, which is the largest interventional cardiology educational program in the world, member of the VITAL (visionary transformative adult learning) group of PCR and presently in the board of Asia Pacific society of Interventional cardiology. He is well known among cardiologists in the Asia pacific region.
- Course Director, India Valves
- Founder Director, Imaging and Physiology council of India
- Deputy Editor, Asia Intervention Journal, (Europa, France)
- Secretary General, Asia Pacific Society for Interventional Cardiology, 2019-21
- Board Member – Asia Pacific Society for Interventional Cardiology (Since 2014)
- Editorial Board member of Indian Heart Journal
- Advisory board member Cardiovascular European Research Centre CERC- Asia (Singapore)
- Board Member & Course Co Director, Asia PCR, Singapore
- Board Member – PCR Tokyo valves, Japan
- Held Associate Professor in Cardiology & Interventional Cardiologist, Sri Ramachandra University 2003-2009
- Adjunct Professor, The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai 2012- 2017
- Board Member Asia PCR 2015- 2019
- Course Co-Director India Live 2017- 2019
- BoardMember – PCR Tokyo valves 2017-19 Course co-director in SCAI (USA) Fellows Course (India) Sept 2013
- Course Co-Director – Asia BRS Summit
- Board Member – Asia Pacific Society for Interventional Cardiology, 2016
- Course Director, Aorta India & structural summit 2018,19
- FSCAI – Fellow of Society for Coronary Angiography & Interventions, USA 2008
- FMMC – Fellow of Madras Medical College 2010
- FCSI – Fellow of Cardiological Society of India 2012
- FRCP – Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, Glasgow 2013
- FACP – Fellow of American College of Physicians, 2013
- FRCP – Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, London 2016