Indigenously Developed and Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: The Bivaflo® Registry.
database started in 1996, the immediate and mid term results of coronary bifurcation stenting using bare metal stents.
transradial approach. This report highlights two cases of radial artery perforation during
percutaneous coronary intervention managed by simple strategies without resorting to an alternative route.
the radial approach is being used for more and more post-coronary artery bypass grafting interventions.
examination as a prelude to surgery.
the transradial approach is being used effectively to manage them.
patient preference for this route and also virtual elimination of vascular access site complications, and therefore it has
is become increasingly popular among the Interventional community.
with Arteria Lusoria.
for treating acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
PUBLICATIONS IN INDEXED JOURNALS
01. Influence of technical strategies on the outcome of coronary bifurcation stenting. Eurointervention2005 : 1 (1) ;31-37
02. PercutaneousTransluminal Coronary Angioplasty by Right Transradial Approach in a Patient with ArteriaLusoria Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58(4) :365-367
03. Iatrogenic Left Main Coronary artery disease, Indian Heart J 2007 ; 59(4) :386-386
04. Technical tips for Transradial Approach in Post CABG interventions, Indian Heart J 2008;SupplA:A38-A41
05. Technical tips to handle challenging cases by Radial approach – case reports, Indian Heart J 2008;SupplA:A60-A66
06. Raghu C, G.Sengottuvelu, Mukharjee MSS, Bambhani A, Transradial Primary Angioplasty, Indian Heart J 2008;SupplA:A72-A75
07. Safety and Efficacy of IndigenouslyDeveloped andManufactured Bivalirudin in Moderate/High-Risk IndianPatients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: TheBivaflo Registry Indian Heart J 2008; 60: 333–341
08. Radial Artery Perforation and Its Management during PCI, J InvasiveCardiol 2009;21:E24–E26
09.Cardiological Society of India Practice Guidelines forAngiography in Patients with Renal Dysfunction , S. Bhandari, A. Seth , K.K. Sethi et al, Indian Heart Journal, 2012; 64, S18-S 43
10 . Erosion/malapposition of a sirolimus eluting stent – Optical coherence tomography image – A case report. Indian Heart Journal, 2012; 64(6), 610-613
11. Intracoronary Abciximab in STEMI using local drug delivery Catheter – Single centre experience, Indian Heart Journal . Vol-65, Issue 3, 256-259, May-June 2013
12. Clinical Usefulness and Cost Effectiveness of Fractional Flow Reserve Among INDian Patients, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention 2014;
13. Salvage of Side Branch by Provisional “TAP Technique” Using AbsorbTM Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffolds for Bifurcation Lesion: First Case reports with Technical Consideration, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervension 2014;
14. Optical Coherence Tomographic image of an Angiographically Boderline Lesion With a Significant Fractional Flow Reserve, JACC Vol 63 2014
15. Full Polymer Jacketing for Long-Segment Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection Using Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffolds, JACC Vol 2014
16. Optical cohenrence tomogram of spontaneous coronary artery dissection managed with drug eluting stent, Indian Heart Journal 2014;
PUBLICATIONS / ABSTRACTS
01. A case of Ball Valve Thrombus – Echocardiography – A Jrnl.of CV Ultrasound &Allied Tech. 1999: 16:2.
02. Experience of Mitral balloon valvotomy – Fourth Annual Conference of The Indian College of Cardiology- 1997
03. Three-dimensional Echocardiographic Profile of Flail Mitral Valve. Indian Heart J 1997; 49:612(79) Abs.
04. Ventricularseptal rupture in Acute Myocardial Infarction, Indian Heart J 1997; 49:602(37) Abs.
05. Three-dimensional Echocardiographic imaging of ASD. Indian Heart J 1997; 49:595(12) Abs.
06. Coronary Angiographic Profile in Diabetics Versus Nondiabetics. Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India, 1997.
07. Predictors of mortality in non- cardiogenic shock patients undergoing PCI in acute MI. Am J Cardiol2003 : 92(6A);113L (Abs)
08. Prevalence and safety of renal artery stenosis screening in a selected population undergoing coronary angiogram. Am J Cardiol2003 : 92(6A);158L (Abs)
09. Comparison of In-Hospital Outcomes Following PCI after Myocardial Infarction with and without Pre-Hospital Thrombolysis in Patients under 75 Years. Circulation 2003:108 (17);IV673 (Abs)
10. Predictors of mortality in non- cardiogenic shock patients undergoing PCI in acute MI. Arch Mal Coeur 2004 : 97(Suppl II);41(Abs)
11. Prevalence and safety of renal artery stenosis screening in a selected population undergoing coronary angiogram. Arch Mal Coeur 2004 : 97(Suppl II);122(Abs)
12. Evolution of PCI in acute MI : Insights from a large single center data base. J Am Coll Cardiol2004: 43 (5) Suppl 60 A(Abs)
13. Evaluation of Sirolimus Eluting Stents for the Treatment of Bifurcation Lesions: A Real World Study. J Am CollCardiol 2004: 43 (5) Suppl36A(Abs)
14. Predictors of target vessel revascularisation after stenting coronary bifurcation lesions. Insights from a large, prospective single centre data base. J Am CollCardiol 2004: 43 (5) Suppl59A(Abs)
15. Provisional versus Systematic T stenting : Insights from a large, prospective single centre data base. J Am CollCardiol2004: 43 (5) Suppl102A(Abs)
16. An initial experience with device implantation in heart failure patients. Indian Heart J 2004 ; 56 : 517(Abs)
17. ArteriaLusoria : common arch anomaly among transradial operators. Indian Heart J 2004 ; 56(Abs)
18. Evaluation of Sirolimus Eluting Stents for the Treatment of Bifurcation Lesions: final results of a Real World Study. Arch Mal Coeur 2005 : 98(Suppl II);87(Abs)
19. Trans Radial Coronary Angioplasty In Indian Patients – Single Operators Experience, 1st Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Singapore, August 2005
20. Vascular Anatomic Challenges Encountered During Transradial Approach For Coronary Diagnosis And Intervention. 1st Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Singapore, August 2005
21.Ideal Hardware For Selective Coronary Cannulation Using Transradial Approach, 1st Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Singapore, August 2005
22. Ideal Hardware For Selective Coronary Cannulation Using Transradial Approach, Indian Heart J 2005 ; 57 : 388(Abs)
23. Vascular Anatomic Challenges Encountered During Transradial Approach For Coronary Diagnosis And Intervention, Indian Heart J 2005 ; 57 : 388-89(Abs)
24. Clinical and angiographic profile of coronary ectasia Indian Heart J 2005 ; 57 : 410(Abs)
25. Trans Radial Coronary Angioplasty In Indian Patients – Single Operators Experience, Indian Heart J 2005 ; 57 : 410(Abs)
26.Bifurcation angioplasty using Transradial approach, Indian Heart J 2005 ; 57 : 410(Abs)
27. Assesment of B-Natriuretic peptide in Mitral Regurgitation, Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 384(Abs)
28.Clinical and angiographic profile of Myocardial Infarction in the young,Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 399(Abs)
29. An Ideal multipurpose catheter for Coronary Angiogram by Transradial Approach, Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 417(Abs)
30. Challenges Encountered by Transradial Approach from wrist to heart, Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 417(Abs)
31.Angiographic Profile of symptomatic Post-Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery patients and results of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention,Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 426(Abs)
32. Safety of Re-Puncture of Radial artery after previous radial cannulation, Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 426(Abs)
33. Coronary Angiogram and Interventions in Elderly by Transradial Approach, Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 426(Abs)
34. Adaptation of radial artery after coronary diagnostic angiogram by Transradial Approach increases procedural success during coronary angioplasty,Indian Heart J 2006 ; 58 : 426(Abs)
35. Intra coronary Abciximab in ACS with Clearwaycatheter- Single centre experience, Indian Heart Journal 2012;64(1) , Pages S64 (Abs)
36. Initial experience of Optical Coherence Tomography in a wide spectrum ofcoronary lesions, Indian Heart Journal 2012; 64(1) , Pages S67 (Abs)
37. Our experience with Absorb BVS in bifurcfation lesion – strategies, immediate results and 30 day outcome, JACC Vol 62/18/suppl B, B124:395(Abs)
38.Clinical usefulness of Optical Coherence Tomography as an imaging tool in Cathlab – our experience in real world patients.(Euro PCR ).
39.Procedural and short-term outcome with the use of bio-vascular scaffold in patients with diabetes mellitus.(Euro PCR )
40. Bio absorbable vascular scaffolds for ostial lesions. (SCAI)
41. Imaging bvs. (SCAI)
42. Overlapping bio-resorbable vascular scaffolds for long lesion. (SCAI)
01. Editor of the book “Handbook of Cardiovascular Interventional Trials – 2001” and 2002.
02.”No option Coronary artery disease”. Annual conference of association of physicians of India – course book, January 2002.
03. AlcoholSeptal Ablation. 11th Singapore LIVE course book, January 2002.
04. Approach to small coronary vessels in the current era, Asian Pacific Journal of Cardiology 2003.
05. Approach to Bifurcation lesions in 2003. Euro PCR course book 2003, Paris.
06. Drug eluting stents – A new revolution in the treatment of CAD, Journal of Institute of Cardio-Vascular Diseases 2003: 2 (1); 1-7.
07. Drug eluting stents – A new revolution in the treatment of CAD; Year Book Of Cardiology – 2003.
08. CTO angioplasty double wire, double injection technique by radial and femoral approach, Vascular Interventions, Pages 7-8, Vol.XIV April-June 2005.
09. Transradial Access for Angioplasty – No Limitations. Issue 1,TAN CSI Journal, 2007.
10. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in patients with Diabetes, Asian Journal of Cardiolgy, no.4. Vol.11, Oct-Dec 2009
11. Technical tips: A Strategy to Cross Radial Fore-Arm Loop during Coronary Angiogram Using Trans Radial Approach, Indian Heart J 2010
12. Primary PCI in acute anterior wall MI with huge thrombus,
Bangladesh Journal of Cardiology, 2010 – case report
13. Recurrent Vascular disease with flash pulmonary odema in a diabetic patient, Asian Journal of diabetology, 2010, no.4. Vol.12, Pages 36-38.
14. Asprin resistance – review article, Asian Journal of diabetology, 2010, no.4. Vol.12, Pages 23-25.
15. Current Status of Radial Interventions– review article, Apollo Medicine Journal,Volume 8, Issue 3 , Pages 185-190 , September 2011.
16. Asprin resistance – review article, Asian IMA journal of Erode, 2011
1. Approach to Bifurcation lesions in 2003 : EuroPCR
2. AlcoholSeptal Ablation, Singapore LIVE Course 2002
3. API Course books 2002
4. Cardiovascular Trials 2001.
5. Cardiovascular Trials 2002
6. Chapter on “History and Future of Radial Angioplasties”. Text Book of Cardiology: “A Clinical and Historical Perspective” edited by Dr. H.K.Chopra, Dr.Navin C. Nanda published by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt. Ltd
7. API Course Book – 2013
Other Contributions :
Co Author in ARB consensus guidelines in India Express panel in Indian Practice guidelines for Angiography in patients with renal dysfunction.